Friday 30 January 2015

Where are you keeping all of that?



Since we've been married Mr W and I have lived in two (3 next week) flats.  We're on the move again despite it only being 6 months since our last move.  We had a huge clearout at that point, I'm talking 9 black bin bags of rubbish and 2 black bin bags for the charity shop.  And now it's the same again.  How do we end up with so much stuff?  And if I'm ok with throwing it out or donating why did I buy it in the first place?
 
Most of the clothes I've gotten rid of were ones I was keeping "just incase I fit in them again".  Ok reality check, you've not been that size in years, you've got boobs and bum now, ain't fitting in that no more.  So out you go.  Sometimes you've just got to be ruthless!
 
But you can't throw everything away once you've got down to the items you HAVE to keep, you need to box them away!  So I have been on the look out for stylish and practical storage ideas!
 
 

Storage doesn't have to be boring!

 
 
 
 
My sister bought me this as part of my Christmas in preparation for our next move.  She knows me too well! It's a huge bag and it has a zip so you can throw it all in there, zip it up and no one (Mr W) is any the wiser about what didn't make it to the charity bag.  :)
 
Papyrus £4.95
 

 
 
 
 
 
I have a lot of scarves, I blame it on this cold Scottish weather.  My
wardrobe is crying out for one of these lovelies!  Ikea sell it as a
multi use hanger so you could keep anything stored on here.  But for me it would be scarves!
 
Ikea £4.50
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
I love this laundry basket from Tesco, so colourful and fun!  We use this to keep our clean bath towels in, save space in the cupboards  It's also a handy carrier to have when you are moving flat, can hold quite a bit!
 
Tesco £16
 
 
 
 
 
Do you have any other storage finds that could come in handy for me?
 

Louise x

 
 
 

 

2 comments: